Commercial Debt Recovery Paralegal / Trainee Paralegal
Date Posted: 14/10/2022
Position Type: Full time / Permanent
This is a new, exciting opportunity for a motivated candidate to join our highly regarded commercial debt recovery team that is consistently recognised by the legal directories (Tier 1 Ranking in Legal 500). The primary focus will be on servicing a range of commercial debt recovery clients in respect of volume and bespoke, secured and unsecured debt recovery across a range of business sectors. There will be opportunities to assist the team in wider areas of our dispute resolution practice including general commercial litigation, company disputes, commercial property litigation and insolvency.
- To ensure clients are provided with the best possible advice and recommendations.
- To secure the best possible outcome for clients.
- Compliance with client Service Level Agreements.
- Assisting with client reporting and Management Information.
- Working with the firm’s IT and software development teams to maintain and improve workflows.
- To assist with promotion and management of Department and Firm.
- Assisting solicitors and senior members of the team/department.
- Advising clients on a variety of commercial debt recovery matters.
- Managing a varied, interesting and challenging portfolio of cases.
- Building positive and lasting relationship with client contacts.
- Negotiating settlements and achieving the best possible outcome for clients.
- Assisting cashroom with invoicing and credit control across the commercial debt recovery portfolio.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Registered paralegal qualification
- English and Maths at higher level or above
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- Team working.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines whilst maintaining an awareness of risk.
- Knowledge of dispute resolution matters.
- Knowledge of Simple Procedure, Civil Online, and Sheriff Court practice and rules.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong business commerciality awareness.
- Ability to offer practical advice to clients.
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent