Banking Litigation Paralegal (Fixed Term Contract)
Date Posted: 05/09/2019
Banking Litigation Paralegal
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
The Banking Litigation team represents major banking and lender clients in a variety of security enforcement, debt and asset recovery and litigation matters including: high court and county court litigation, financial disputes, civil fraud, title and security rectification, professional negligence, tenancy disputes, unsecured debt recovery (personal and business), fixed charge receiverships.
The Banking Litigation team is made up of 3 Partners, 2 Associates, 3 Senior Solicitors, 4 Solicitors, 2 Trainee Solicitors and 3 Paralegals across our offices in Newcastle, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
This role will be based in Newcastle.
JOB PURPOSETo carry out all aspects of the litigation process on behalf of our clients
- Opening cases onto our Case Management System. Working cases end to end and prioritising workload
- Dealing with court documents and liaising with other lawyers and third parties, such as barristers and court agents
- Liaising directly with clients. Providing appropriate options and recommendations regarding recovery on business to business debts.
- Liaising with consumer customers of our lender clients
- Ensure all work undertaken is competed in line with the various service level agreements which we have with our clients.
- Undertake training as required
- Deal with all process, litigation and telephone calls as required and in line with regulatory requirements.
- Degree or diploma or equivalent in a legal or banking field
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Competent IT skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in volume debt recovery or civil litigation
- Attention to detail
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent