Banking Litigation Solicitor (FTC)
Date Posted: 02/09/2019
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Aberdein Considine are looking for a Banking Litigation Solicitor on a fixed term contract to provide maternity cover for the team. The Banking Litigation team represents major banking and lender clients in a variety of security enforcement, debt and asset recovery and litigation matters including: high court and county court litigation, financial disputes, civil fraud, title and security rectification, professional negligence, tenancy disputes, unsecured debt recovery (personal and business), fixed charge receiverships.
The Banking Litigation team is made up of 3 Partners, 2 Associates, 3 Senior Solicitors, 4 Solicitors, 2 Trainee Solicitors and 3 Paralegals across our offices in Newcastle, Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
This role will be based in Newcastle.
• To ensure clients are provided with the best possible advice and recommendations.
• To secure the best possible outcome for clients.
• To maximise fee income.
• To build a strong relationship with clients.
• Managing a significant caseload for key financial services clients
• Proactively running a varied litigation caseload emanating from lender clients in connection with mortgage, personal and business lending
• Assisting partners on key projects for lender clients
• Providing clients with strategic and commercial advice
• Negotiating settlements and achieving the best possible outcome for clients
• Representing clients in negotiations and settlement meetings
• Drafting court papers and legal documents
• Meeting financial targets consistently
• Promoting the Department and the Firm through business development activities
• Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or Chartered Legal Executive
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Civil or commercial litigation experience gained through paralegal, training contract or NQ positions
• Proven ability to learn and adapt to new areas of law and practice
• Experience of volume or high case load roles, particularly in litigation, debt recovery or conveyancing
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with clients
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work in a pressurised environment
• Team working
• Strong IT skills
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent knowledge of secured debt recovery law and practice
• Good knowledge of Civil Procedure Rules and litigation / debt recovery practice
• An understanding of the regulatory landscape in which our clients operate
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong business commerciality awareness.
• Ability to offer practical advice to clients.
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent