Solicitor / Senior Solicitor (Dispute Resolution)
Date Posted: 30/05/2022
2-4 years PQE
Position: Full time / Permanent
We’re an award-winning and growing law firm with 19 offices across Scotland and the north of England and more than 480 staff. Our specialist lawyers act for thousands of private and commercial clients across the country and offer comprehensive legal support across more than 70 practice areas.
As a firm, our mission is to take the stress out of life and business milestones, supporting our clients through every step of the legal process and acting with their best interests at heart.
We’re recommended across multiple legal disciplines in the independent Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners legal guides.
We offer a progressive, supportive and rewarding environment for the best legal talent in the country. Our success has been built on providing a level of service that is second to none and we can only maintain that by attracting and retaining the very best people. We’re fully committed to supporting our people through their career progression and provide excellent opportunities for self-development.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT & THE ROLE
Our Dispute Resolution team is looking for a Solicitor / Senior Solicitor to join our dynamic team. This is a full time position based in our office in the heart of Glasgow, with opportunities for hybrid working available. The team, led by Euan McSherry, work across our commercial offices in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Perth, Stirling and Newcastle, and work closely with our legal departments and branch network throughout Scotland. This is a new, exciting opportunity for a motivated candidate to grow and shape our Glasgow offering.
We’re committed to the expansion of our commercial offering and to the development of the legal and professional skills of our staff. We advise and represent private individuals and SMEs, through to large corporations and FTSE 100 firms in a variety of court, tribunal, and alternative dispute resolution work in areas including general commercial litigation, company disputes, commercial property litigation, insolvency, defamation, professional negligence, & regulatory crime.
We’re looking for a committed and driven individual who’s up for the challenge of growing our Dispute Resolution offering in Glasgow. Experienced in business development, we’re looking for someone who’s able to promote the firm and our services, while providing an unrivalled service to clients.
Our expectations of the role:
· To ensure clients are provided with the best possible advice and recommendations.
· To secure the best possible outcome for clients.
· To maximise fee income.
· To obtain a good reputation amongst clients.
· Advising clients on a variety of dispute resolution matters.
· Managing a varied and heavy caseload.
· Maintaining client expectations.
· Negotiating settlements and achieving the best possible outcome for clients.
· Representing clients in court hearings and settlement meetings.
· Drafting legal documents.
· Meeting fee target consistently.
· Working as a team with other members of the Department to achieve common goals.
· Promoting the Department and the Firm through Business Development.
LLB, Diploma in Legal Practice
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to work in a pressurised environment.
· Team working.
· Strong IT skills.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent knowledge of dispute resolution matters.
· Excellent knowledge of Sheriff Court and Court of Session practice and rules.
· Knowledge of alternative dispute resolution forums
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong business commerciality awareness.
· Ability to offer practical advice to clients.
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent