Legal Secretary (Part Time)
Date Posted: 28/01/2020
Position: Part Time (3 days per week) / Permanent
Aberdein Considine’s Glasgow office are looking for an experienced part time Legal Secretary to provide support to the family law solicitors and assist in the smooth running of the Department.
- Representing private clients in a variety of family law and personal matters including separation / divorce, child related matters, adoption, cohabitation and pre-marriage contracts.
- To provide support to the family law solicitors and assist in the smooth running of the Department.
- To maintain good reputation among clients and other professionals.
- Answering telephone calls and taking new client queries
- Diary management, including arranging appointments and travel
- Administrative duties
- Pro-active email management on behalf of fee earners
- Pro-active management of files on electronic document management system; and papers files
- Transcribing audio dictation
- Preparing legal documents, court documents and correspondence
- Preparation of terms of engagement
- Preparation and management of fees
- Further education qualification, with legal content
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a legal environment, in the area of family law
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good IT skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft applications; word; outlook; electronic document management systems (eg visual files; worksite); excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Good knowledge of family law court forms, court documents and court procedures
- Ability to use initiative and able to work independently
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Business Acumen
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent