Mortgage and Protection Adviser
Date Posted: 22/01/2021
Position: Full Time / Permanent
Aberdein Considine are looking for a talented Mortgage Adviser to join our team in Edinburgh. The ideal candidate will provide whole of market mortgage and protection advice and holistic financial planning to clients in a compliant manner as detailed in the Firm's Compliance manual and in compliance with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times. They will also have the requisite technical knowledge and qualification required for the role.
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
· The provision of whole of market mortgage and protection advice.
· Holistic financial planning
· To put the needs of our clients first at all times without exception
The provision of whole of market mortgage and protection advice to our clients in a compliant manner as detailed in the firm’s compliance manual and procedures.
· Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times
· Comply with the relevant compliance, TCF, T&C, financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption) procedures of the firm at all times.
· Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes.
· Prospect/contact potential clients in accordance with the firm’s business plan/supervisor’s guidance.
· Ensure sufficient client information obtained and analyse information gathered.
· Undertake sufficient product and market research.
· Ensure suitable recommendations are made.
· Ensure all supporting documentation is maintained.
· Attain and maintain level of competence as required by the firm (CAS).
· Maintain all standards of performance as required by the firm.
· Communicating with other professionals, such as estate agents, solicitors and valuers.
· Ensure relevant CPD is maintained and recorded accurately.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 1 year experience in the mortgage intermediary market.
· Whole of market mortgage and protection experience
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of compliance procedures including record keeping requirements.
· Unquestionable work ethic
· A can, and will do, approach
· Be articulate with a high attention to detail
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Naturally organised and be able to work on your own as well as part of a team
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent