Paralegal (Family Law)
Date Posted: 10/11/2021
Paralegal (Family Law)
Glasgow- Waterloo Office
•Representing private clients in a variety of family law and personal matters including separation / divorce, child related matters, adoption, cohabitation and pre-marriage contracts. Contentious and non-contentious matters. Collaboration and litigation.
• Supporting Partners and Solicitors within Private Client, in a variety of family law and personal matters including but not limited to: separation / divorce, child related matters, adoption, cohabitation and pre-marriage contracts. Contentious and non-contentious matters.
• Assisting with Collaboration and Litigation.
• To provide support to the Family Law Solicitors and Partners across multiple offices throughout the Firm and assist in the smooth running of the Department as a whole.
• Assisting with diary management for Partners
• To maintain good reputation among clients and other professionals.
• Answering telephone calls and arranging appointments
• Administrative duties-Opening and managing of file using a case management system.
• Preparing legal documents and correspondence including all Court papers under instruction.
• Preparation and management of fees
• Liaising with clients, colleagues and other professionals outside of the Firm to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• English at Higher Level
• Competence in Microsoft Office Suite
• University Degree with legal content
• Law Society of Scotland Registered Paralegal
• Experience in using Visual Files case management system
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience of working in a legal environment,
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Competent IT skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Preferred background in contentious litigation/ Family Law but not essential if other skills are strong and have an interest in this field.
• Good knowledge of drafting legal documents and Sheriff Court Procedure
• Knowledge of family law legislation, Guardianships, Conveyancing and Financial Services
• Being able to work on own initiative
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Business Acumen
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent