Date Posted: 24/02/2023
Location: Perth or Stirling
Position Type: Full Time
Our busy Private Client department are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual to join their team. The role is open to either a Paralegal or a Solicitor and can be based in either our office in Perth or our office in Stirling.
Aberdein Considine is an award-winning law firm and this is a great opportunity to work in an innovative, challenging and rewarding work environment. In return for your hard work, you will be paid a competitive salary, receive an excellent benefits package and be part of a generous incentive and bonus scheme.
ROLE OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Meeting clients to take instructions, including explaining the executry process generally.
- Communicating with other professionals, financial institutions, and service providers.
- Investigating assets in executry estates.
- Framing estate Inventory and Inheritance Tax forms; Meeting clients to explain and review same.
- Realisation of estate assets, including obtaining payment of cash balances and transfer of assets to beneficiaries.
- Accounting to executors and beneficiaries.
- Distribution of estates to beneficiaries.
- Open communication with clients throughout, including provision of regular, unprompted updates.
- Meeting clients to take initial instructions on Wills and Powers of Attorney.
- Drafting Wills and Powers of Attorney in line with instructions.
- Meeting clients to review and execute documents.
- Identifying potential complexities and obtaining guidance from more experienced or senior colleagues as appropriate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent