Private Client- Solicitor 2-4 years PQE
Date Posted: 19/01/2023
Location: Glasgow (Office based or Hybrid)
Private Client- Solicitor- 2-4 years PQE
Permanent- Full/Part Time considered
Aberdein Considine is an award-winning law firm with 19 offices across Scotland and the north of England and more than 450 staff. Our specialist lawyers, independent financial advisers and property experts act for thousands of private and commercial clients across the country.
Aberdein Considine was launched in the North East of Scotland in 1981 and in 2014 began its expansion into other parts of Scotland. It now has nine offices out with the north-east, including England, in Newcastle's historic Cloth Market.
The Firm is Scotland's largest estate and leasing agent with a national network of offices, including in the key cities of Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth and Stirling. It boasts one of the most respected litigation practices in Scotland, acting for most major banks and financial institutions. It also offers a full range of legal services to individuals and businesses - and has a leading financial services department, which deals with everything from personal financial and lifestyle planning to corporate benefits for businesses.
Aberdein Considine is a partnership made up of 30 partners. The business is led by Managing Partner Jacqueline Law, who joined the firm in 1993.
Aberdein Considine are looking for an experienced Private Client Solicitors to join our expanding Wills, Trusts & Executries Team which is led by our STEP qualified Partners across Scotland. This role will involve working in collaboration with our Family, Corporate, Real Estate and Residential Property teams across Scotland to deliver a complete service to our clients.
We currently have opportunities for a Solicitor/Senior Solicitor (2-4 years PQE). The position allow opportunity for career progression within our Specialist Private Client team for individuals demonstrating willingness and ability to maintain good client relationships, work with specialists across the Firm and participate in business development. For those not STEP qualified, the Firm operate a Funded Learning Scheme. The Firm also operate a flexible home working policy.
Successful candidate will enjoy a high level of client and team interaction, personally managing a varied caseload of Private Client work, and day to day duties will typically include all aspects of the administration of executry and trust administration, taking instructions in respect of and drafting Wills and Powers of Attorney and providing succession planning, asset protection and tax mitigation advice and services. We act for a range of clients, including individuals, trustees and executors from all over Scotland and beyond.
- Drafting Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Trust and Executry administration
- Estate Planning including the setting up of trusts
- Assisting with clients tax planning advice
- Providing advice to high net worth clients (including those referred from our Wealth Division) and assisting with their ongoing needs
- Management of a personal caseload including taking the lead on client relationships
- Providing support and supervision of Paralegals and Trainees
- Assisting with adults with incapacity cases, including applying for and administering guardianships
- Participation in the Practice Area’s business development activities for existing and new clients
- Participation in the Practice Area’s monthly meetings, including delivering training within the team
- Active involvement in identifying and referring opportunities to other Practice Areas within a Multi-Practice Firm to include property and financial services
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good legal knowledge in their field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound Commercial and Financial skills, taking responsibility for regular billing and WIP
- Ability to multi-task effectively whilst meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities
- Confident in business development or a desire to achieve this with mentoring
- Experience of delivering a first class client service and managing client relationships
- Comfortable in identifying opportunities for other Firm Practice Areas and cross-selling services
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent