Date Posted: 01/07/2021
Position: Full Time / Permanent
Aberdein Considine are looking for a Property Manager to be based at our busy Edinburgh Office. The successful candidate will manage our portfolio of residential let properties, ensuring that both landlords and tenants are meeting their obligations under tenancy and current legislation. We will also require the ideal candidate to identify and develop other business opportunities from the landlords and tenants within the managed portfolio.
· To provide a professional, customer focused assistance and support to the New Business and Property Factor Team in the South.
· Provide excellent customer service to ensure a smooth running of the South Property Hub.
· Responsible for managing all types of property within a defined geographical area
· Main point of contact for landlord queries regarding the tenancy
· Identify and develop business opportunities leading to the expansion of the managed portfolio and the department
· New business and assisting with marketing and letting of properties, tenancy applications and negotiations.
· Establishing and maintaining excellent communication with the landlord.
· Keeping the landlord updated with any issues arising or progress of tasks being carried out.
· Attend to landlord and tenant maintenance requests to include:
o arranging and completing property inspection
o pre-tenancy and void visits (and relevant reports)
o maintaining overall responsibility for the property and ensure all requirements are being met.
· Assisting the administration team including:
o visiting tenants to discuss rental arrears by tenants
o negotiating terms
o chasing the return of documents or information
o Investigate claims of either subletting or if tenants have failed to vacate properties in accordance with tenancy terminations
· Arranging for any works required from the inventory to be completed and deal with any landlord and tenant issues arising therefrom.
· Assisting with the compiling of evidence required for the Tenancy Deposit Scheme and attending hearings if required.
· To ensure compliance with all personal CPD requirements and attend industry event deemed relevant by line managers.
· Identifying and developing other business opportunities for this or other departments within the firm including sales, financial services, etc.
· Providing regular reports to Management
· ARLA Propertymark, CIH Letwell qualification (SCQF level 6 or above) or equivalent.
· HNC or HND Legal Services
· Business, legal, property or financial degree
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Experienced user of Microsoft Office
· Full UK Driving License
· Previous property management experience
· Good understanding of property, landlord, tenant and contractors.
· Team worker
· Ability to communicate on all levels with a wide range of people
· Attention to detail
· Common Sense
· Ability to remain calm in a highly pressured environment
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent