Date Posted: 30/10/2019
Location: Perth / Dundee
Position Type: Full Time / Permanent
A Property Factor is required to join our busy Property Management team who manage a large portfolio of residential properties throughout the country. The role will ideally be based in our Perth office and would suit an enthusiastic and well organised individual looking for a challenging and varied career in the growing private rented sector. Aberdein Considine has been at the forefront of raising professional standards within the sector and are proud that their staff are amongst the most highly trained and qualified in the country. If not already held, the successful candidate will be expected to achieve the ARLA Propertymark qualification (SCQF level 6 or above) within 12 months.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent communication with the landlord.
- Keeping the landlord updated with any issues arising or progress of tasks being carried out.
- Arranging and co-ordinating maintenance requirements in relation to the landlord client’s let properties, including instructing works to contractors, liaising with tenants and the landlord and dealing with invoices in relation to works completed.
- Conducting regular property inspections; reporting findings to the landlord client.
- Assisting the Administration Team by visiting Tenants to discuss rental arrears by tenants, chasing the return of lease extensions or other documents. Investigate claims of subletting or if tenants have failed to vacate properties in accordance with legal requirements.
- Arranging for any works required from the Inventory to be completed and deal with any landlord and tenant issues arising there from. Assisting with the compiling of evidence required for the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.
- Identifying and developing other business opportunities for this or other departments within the firm including sales, financial services, etc.
- Providing regular reports to Management.
- Educated to higher level or above
- Possess the ARLA Propertymark qualification in Residential Letting and Property Management (SCQF Level 6 or above), or similar qualification - such as Letwell CIH level 3 Certificate in Letting and Managing Residential Property or safeagent Foundation Lettings Course (formerly NALS)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Good presentation skills and customer service
- A pleasant, confident manner
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Reliable and honest
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to adapt to different professional social environments
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast paced workplace
- Works well as part of a team
- Full, clean driving licence
- Previous experience in management of private rented sector properties.
- Basic practical understanding of property and contractors.
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent