Trainee Paralegal / Paralegal
Date Posted: 08/07/2019
Position type: Full time / Permanent
We require Paralegals to join our busy Corporate Conveyancing Team within our Corporate Property Services department. The role will be based in Aberdeen city centre and the successful candidates will benefit from a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Importing or manual opening of remortgage cases from instruction.
- Ordering, receiving and reviewing legal search reports to ascertain what category of remortgage transaction we are acting on
- Issuing welcome packs to remortgage customers via their chosen method of receipt – electronically and by post
- Reviewing returned documents by remortgage customers to ensure all are signed correctly, completed in full and contain the required information to allow the transaction to proceed
- Refer any matters contained within the legal search or completed welcome pack to clients for instructions should our service level agreement require the client’s authority
- Telephone and email communication with remortgage customers to discuss, progress and review their transaction
- Liaising mortgage introducers and clients to provide assistance and updates on case
- Requesting of redemption statements
- Preparation of reconciliation statements to allow transactions to proceed.
- Ensuring all customers receive all required information throughout the remortgage transaction to ensure there are no objections, inaccuracies or factors which prevent progress.
- Ensuring customers have an efficient, problem free journey through their remortgage transaction.
- Returning voicemails and emails within client SLA guidelines
- Administration duties where appropriate – scanning, filing, receiving voicemails and distributing them
- Saving ROS Acknowledgements and updated title sheets to case history from the team mailbox
- Clarifying and investigating, where appropriate any queries on title and confirming instructions on whether a case is non-standard and checking the case out accordingly
- Where a complaint is made in relation to a case assisting with providing the Compliance Team with a full review of the case to allow a response to be drafted to the party making the complaint
- Knowledge of all clients’ primary key performance metrics to allow for adherence where possible
- Ensuring LSPG processes and procedures are adhered to at all times
- HND in Legal Services or a BA in Law and Management would be advantageous
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of working and managing own conveyancing case load for would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the legal process and requirements in residential conveyancing transactions
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent