Date Posted: 19/08/2022
Position – Full Time / 2 year Training Contract
Following the firm’s recent merger, and an increase in volumes of work, the firm are looking for a dynamic, driven, enthusiastic and ambitious Trainee Solicitor to join their office in Edinburgh.
This is for an immediate start so the suitable candidate will need to have already completed their LLB and their Diploma.
The placement will be within our Residential Conveyancing department, therefore a genuine interest / desire to work within Residential Conveyancing is essential.
Driving Licence preferred.
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
• Deal with sale, purchase and other miscellaneous transactions
• Meeting with clients and bringing in business to the firm
• Assisting with frontline duties when required
• To handle sale, purchase and miscellaneous transactions within a timely manner
• Advise clients on legal matters arising
• Assist other departments with legal research
• Competently draft legal documents in line with current legislation
• Maintaining large volumes of sale and purchase files
• Dealing with clients and managing their expectations
• Communicating with other legal firms and departments in order to maintain client satisfaction
• Dealing with a wide variety of lenders and complying with the CML Handbook
• Complying with Legislation and Law Society of Scotland regulations
• LLB & Diploma in Legal Practice
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent Organisational Skills
• Excellent Communication skills
• Conveyancing experience
• Experience of dealing with clients and the general public
• Experience of working in a law firm or estate agency
• Understanding of the Scottish Legal System
• Some conveyancing knowledge
• knowledge of Edinburgh and the surrounding areas
• Attention to detail
• Ability to use your initiative
How Do I Apply?
Online: Application Form
Download: Application Form
Mail: Human Resources Department
5 - 9 Bon-Accord Crescent