09 Sep 2015
Aberdein Considine is proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2015, which takes place during 14th – 20th September.
Gas Safety Week is held annually to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work with gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the country are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants and as such they should make sure maintenance and annual safety checks on gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Landlords are legally obliged to ensure:
Landlords who employ the Aberdein Considine Property Management service can be rest assured that compliance with these requirements will be met.
Additionally, from 1st December 2015, landlords with rented properties within Scotland will also have to install Carbon Monoxide alarms in every room or inter-connected space where there is fixed combustion appliance. Our Landlord clients can be confident that our Property Management team will ensure compliance with these new regulations.
For further information please contact Ryan Crighton, Director of Marketing, on 01224 337 454 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org